Check out this humorous list of writing rules from this post on the Book Editor blog.
1. Make sure each pronoun agrees with their antecedent.
2. Just between you and I, the case of pronouns is important.
3. Watch out for irregular verbs that have crope into English.
4. Verbs has to agree in number with their subjects.
5. Don’t use no double negatives.
6. And don’t start a sentence with a conjunction.
7. The passive voice is to be ignored.
8. Never use a big word when substituting a diminutive one would suffice.
9. Kill all exclamation points!!!
10. Use words correctly, irregardless of how others use them.
11. Prepositions are not words to end sentences with.
12. Being bad grammar, a writer should not use dangling modifiers.
13. Join clauses good like a conjunction should.
14. A writer must not shift your point of view.
15. About sentence fragments.
View original post 441 more words