No matter what kind of book you’re writing, all self-publishing authors will eventually reach the same question: what’s the best way to market it? The great news is that you’re not the first indie author to face this challenge. By following in the footsteps of those who have succeeded before you, you can create a focused and effective plan that will get people snatching up your masterpiece.
In this post, we offer up dozens of book marketing ideas that you can steal for your own promotional efforts. Not only that, it features a free book marketing checklist that you can print out and treasure forever!
- Identifying your audience
- Determining your market viability
- Researching categories and keywords
- Perfecting your book and ‘product’
- Growing your mailing list
- Building your platform
- Preparing for your book launch
- Infographic: Book Marketing Checklist
- Cross-promoting with other authors
- Running a promotion
- Advertising your book
- Other book marketing opportunities
- Plan a blog tour
- Video Course: How to Launch a Bestseller
Without further ado, here is your list of book marketing ideas:
Identifying your audience
You’ve probably heard a variation of this before: If you’re selling to everyone, then you’re really selling to no-one. You need to nail down your target reader before you start marketing your book (or even better, before you start writing it).
Read the rest of this post HERE.