Check out this post from the Novelty Revisions blog on why we make writing plans we don’t keep.
1. We sprint headfirst into new things without looking at them from multiple angles.
2. We get distracted.
3. We make excuses and don’t know how to stop.
4. We don’t know how to prioritize projects.
5. We abandon works-in-progress the moment new ideas come along.
6. We’re kind of bad at stress management.
7. We manage our time terribly.
8. We let self-doubt block our progress.
9. We’re afraid of failing.
10. We’re afraid of succeeding.
11. We’re good at dreaming big, but not so good at separating big goals into smaller pieces.
12. We worry that we’re going to put a lot of time and effort into something and it won’t matter.
13. We need money but it feels weird asking for it so we procrastinate because confrontation is hard.
14. Oh, yeah, we also procrastinate. A lot.
15. And we also have commitment issues but it’s FINE.
View original post 61 more words